“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.”– Helen Keller
THE SCOUTING REPORT – THE FACTS
- 1 out of 8 women in the United States will develop invasive breast cancer during their lifetime
- Breast cancer has the 2nd highest death rate among women in the US (second to lung cancer)
- Breast cancer is the 2nd most diagnosed cancer among women in the US (second to skin cancer)
- Risk of diagnosis doubles if a first-degree relative has been diagnosed
- Less than 15% of women diagnosed with breast cancer have a family member previously diagnosed
- 85% of breast cancer occurs in women who have no family history of breast cancer
2019 Expectations (via the American Cancer Society):
- Approximately 268,600 new cases of invasive breast cancer will be diagnosed in women.
- Approximately 41,760 women will die from breast cancer during 2019.
THE GAMEPLAN – THE AME WAY
During the month of October, we will be donating 8% of each move to the National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF) to aid in their mission and their life-saving programs. Furthermore, we want to emphasize that our customers are the ones making this possible; by booking with Athens Moving Experts (AME) you are not only hiring NC’s top movers, but youare actively taking part in the fight against breast cancer. This comes with absolutely no mark-up in rates, and there is no cost requirement – 8% of every job during the month of October will go towards the AME Fight Against Breast Cancer Fundraiser!
AME has pledged to donate a minimum of $1,000 to the NBCF; however, we challenge the Triangle Community to spread the word about our Fight Against Breast Cancer Fundraiser to raise much more than the $1,000 – so the question is: who do you know that is in need of moving services?
The National Breast Cancer Foundation
The National Breast Cancer Foundation’s (NBCF) mission is to provide help and inspire hope for those affected by breast cancer through their early detection, education, and support services. The NBCF has provided over 300,000 mammograms and diagnostic services to women in need across the country since launching the National Mammography Program and continued to grow their impact through their various programs and services.
Additionally, NBCF is recognized for its clear commitment to financial transparency & stewardship, and has been recognized by Charity Navigator, Greater NonProfits, and GuideStar for its commitment to transparency and accountability.